So we got married this Saturday in a SURPRISE LARP wedding. No one knew what was happening. We went as far as to register our friend as a minister in the Universal Life Church! It was incredible. I’ve never been one who dreams of weddings, but by doing something so silly I ended up with my dream wedding!
We had weird family dynamics, totally out of control flower children, mad libs vows, readings from random books (including a section of Skinny Legs and All which starts, “JEZEBEL”) and last but not least the ring bearer took off his pants… It was basically a giant ridiculous shit show! I was so nervous beforehand that things would go wrong, I was almost in tears! As soon as we started walking down the aisle and I saw everyone jumping and cheering in a cloud of bubbles and paper flower petals I started smiling and laughed the entire ceremony.
To get a sampling of the characters and the ridiculous goings on at our wedding check out:
- Photos of the wedding by the excellent photographer Shalaco who traded to get the Photographer character card
- More photos of the wedding by our super friendly Greeter, SandwichGirl
- Wedding, the LARP character cards (TA & Colin’s Wedding Special Edition)
- TA & Colin’s wedding program and game rules
- TA & Colin’s madlib wedding ceremony script & vows
I’m grateful to all my friends who are really, really good sports! I realize I’m probably setting myself up for retribution from some people but that is A-ok 🙂
After our wedding, multiple people asked how they could give a gift. If you would like to give us a wedding gift, you can donate to our Honeymoon Fund thru paypal (or other means if you hate paypal).
TA & Colin’s Honeymoon Fund!
All funds will be set aside in our Honeymoon Fund so we can go on a tropical vacation (destination TBD) at some point in 2015.
Give the gift of Charity
We would also be thrilled if anyone wants to donate to charity in lieu of a gift to any of the following organizations:
- Electronic Frontier Foundation
- Planned Parenthood
- Color of Change — Grassroots effort to strengthen Black America’s political voice
- Advancement Project — a public policy change organization targeted at racial inequality rooted in the civil rights movement.
Get your own set of Wedding, the LARP cards!
We have turned Wedding, the LARP into an actual published game! In order for it to work as a published game we created a new illustration, changed a few of the characters, added cards for the betrothed, and revamped the cards so that they are degendered so you can have a straight wedding, a gay wedding, or whatever floats your boat!
You can download the Wedding, the LARP Print & Play pdf for FREE or buy your own deck of Wedding, The LARP cards from DriveThruCards!
We are also open to custom decks with your photo or illustration on them — if this interests you please contact us at email@example.com
Wedding, The LARP cards and programs (Photo by Shalaco)
Amazing photos by Shalaco